The soft lens explains the look. Thanks.
Paul
On Feb 18, 2006, at 11:32 AM, Boris Liberman wrote:

Hi!

Thanks for sharing these. It's quite interesting to see how your work has evolved. They're all very good, but your later work is much more sophisticated to my eye. Your most favored shot is indeed among my top three from this selection, although I might award first place honors to the heavily filtered shot of the young woman at http://www.photoline.ru/photo/1136390927.

Paul, there is not filtration at all, none whatsoever.

It is merely F 85/2.8 soft at f/4 or thereabouts. The only filter applied is b/w conversion (usual channel mixer + selective color) and a curve that deepens the shades.

But I do appreciate your comment anyway ;-).

I am getting more and more grown up... I wouldn't dare use term "older", you know...

Boris