On Feb 20, 2006, at 11:54 AM, Joseph Tainter wrote:

Merci, Patrice.

It is curious that they managed to get results on the DA 16-45 so different from everyone else's experience with that lens.

Joe

Sample variation.  They just got a lousy sample.

You'd think companies would check out samples before sending them to photo magazines, but typically they don't. I've gotten completely nonfunctioning samples from some big name companies. When we used to do lens tests we got some embarrassingly bad examples from some of the top companies.

I'd suggest that this just shows poor quality control on that particular lens.

Bob