I feel the same way ... My cameras have at most a wrist strap on them, hate neckstraps. Both the cases i suggested are light and modest in size.

Given what you say, the Lowepro Photo Runner may be perfect for your needs. It does not get in the way. I most often have it filled with nothing three-four lenses and have the camera in my hand; camera fitted with a lens and with a second in the bag proves a very compelling solution for walking about in fields and the city.

Godfrey