----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Stenquist" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

It will most likely be similar to the Nikon D200, which B&H has priced at l699. If it can equal that camera in specs, it will be a winner in my book. I'm sure it will accommodate early lenses in a manner at least as efficient as the D.

I' am somewhat dissapointed. I think it is just an *isD with a better sensor. I also think that the camera looks rather bland particularly if it cost semi-pro money. The contrast to the 645D couldn't be larger. Although the 645D is no classical beauty, it is camera with presence, original design and doesn't look like anything else. In addition the design offers uniqe features. Most importantly the slanted top panel makes it possible to adjust and see setting when the camera is on a tripod at eye level. Anyone who has tried to change setting on, say, the Z-1p (who is the worst offender of all cameras as the LCD panel is at the top of the prism), under such circumstances knows it involves taking the camera off the tripod for setting functions. Also the two tripod sockets are brilliant. Why don't Pentax make their semi-pro K-mount DSLR similar? They are no longer bound to the old shapes dictated by film-

Pål