On Feb 23, 2006, at 6:28 PM, Cotty wrote:

I have read enough to know that I would rather have bamboo inserted
under my fingernails than use WU !

Occasionally someone in east Europe has to send me money. WU is really the only convenient option. I'm located in Virginia, and the abbreviation is VA. Two out of three times the person at the WU office in Europe will write VI. That's the abbreviation for Virgin Islands. When that happens the money takes a nice vacation in the Caribbean for a week or two until the people at WU can re-route it from there to here. So far it has always come through, though. I now tell people who have to use WU about this and ask them to make absolutely sure the person at the WU office uses the correct abbreviation. Other than that I have never had any sort of problem with WU on a fairly large number of transactions. They do seem to give stupidity tests to the people who work for them, though, and only hire those with the lowest scores.

Bob