On Feb 24, 2006, at 11:34 AM, Adam Maas wrote:

Bob, are you sure about that? I know the Nikon D1's do this, as does the D50 and D70(s). As far as I'm aware the D100, D200 and all the D2's do not. The way to tell is the flash sync (The 1/500 sync cameras use hybrid shutters, 1/250 and below do not, relying on mechanical sync).

The current Canon's don't do this, which can be confirmed by simply listening to the shutter. Pentax and KM also do not (The sensor in the Pentax, KM and D100 do not support this, the modified version of this sensor in the D70 and D50 does).

But I do agree that the 645D is quite probably using a hybrid shutter.

No, I'm not sure. I just rely on information from tech experts at the company. In the case of Nikon, that's Lindsay Silverman and in the case of Canon it's Chuck Westfall.

Bob