On 2006-02-24, at 19:55, Boris Liberman wrote:

Ladies and gents, I am rather puzzled by two Pentax limited lenses - the most modern ones - the 40 mm and 70 mm. I see no other reason for their introduction except size and may be price. Pentax already produces outstanding 43 and 77 mm limited lenses. They work very well on *istD and on film. I think (hope probably would be better term) that they would work just as well on 10 MP *istD successor.
Well, for me they are exceptionally small and light, even smaller than FF Limiteds. I must confess that I just got one *ist Dl in set with DA 40/2.8 and looks quite unusual but it is very decent performer! The set is not that much bigger than some digicams - almost pocketable ;-)

Why do I feel that they are trying to beat the dead horse by labeling those lenses "limited"...
Because they got that exceptionall feeling - they are all metal, first rate mechanically and optically lenses. And they have QSF - very useful feature to switch between AF and MF. I will probably get another DA Ltd. when it is available.

Best regards
Sylwek