Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

On Feb 24, 2006, at 10:47 AM, Adam Maas wrote:

Well, it would be nice to have a name that's pronouncable so you can tell people what your camera is called when they ask. That's always been the biggest problem with the *ist name.

Try "Pentax" or "Canon". Only the geekies will demand a model name. ;-)

I agree with Godfrey (meaning, I suppose, we've had similar conversations with people.) Most people want to know what brand and is it digital? So my usual reply is "it's a Pentax DSLR." This takes care of about half the inquiries. Others require more details -- how much of a zoom does it have? To which I then explain that THIS lens on here right now is ... Oh, but I digress. I tell 'em Pentax DSLR. If I told them "ist-dee" they'd still say "what's that" since everybody else they see with a DSLR has a Canon, which is twice the size.

ERN