On Feb 24, 2006, at 8:14 PM, Rob Studdert wrote:

Pentax seem now simply hell bent on heading
done the pretty/compact/light niche end of the market, and that's not where I
want to go.

I don't know about pretty. I guess they're okay. And some of the new lenses seem to be upgrades in speed -- the 16-50/2,8 for example. It's the prosumer end of the market, and it offers some benefits you won't get from Canon and Nikon. I'd say that's good marketing. And for all but some highly specialized applications, it will produce as nice a photograph as any other camera. I would think the ten megapixel camera will have no problem producing excellent 16 x20 prints.
Paul