On Feb 26, 2006, at 6:15 AM, Jens Bladt wrote:

Fact:
The write speed - 8 secs per RAW file IS slow compared to the competition,
which have been pointed out many time by others in this forum as well.
<snip>
That's not lying. That's my OPINION.

When you insist again that the photographer must pause 37 seconds after firing off a burst (and suggest he should have a cigarette) after I have privately conveyed to you that the real number is two seconds, what are you doing if not lying? Same with instant histogram and flashing overexposure -- you're insisting that they are not there, when they are. These three statements you present are not related to the truth, and unless you are not reading my messages, you are fully aware that they are not true. Why continue to insist that they are true?

You must not be reading my messages -- you say this:

The availability of fast lenses (F.1.4-2.8) is very limitid, which have also
been confirmed by others here.
Perhaps 400mm is fine for baseball. But for shooting skaters in the street
at close range a tripod or even a monopod is not very useful.

Why are you arguing against my agreement with you on this point? Nobody shooting baseball uses Pentax because there's no AF 400mm f2.8.

As for arena conditions in Scandanavia, hey, maybe the ice is painted black and the places are lit by candles. You're right, I only have experience throughout North America, and only with hockey, baseball and soccer.

The fundamental difference is this: you keep insisting that the method of photography with the least likely method of success (going into the event unprepared, chasing the action, and holding down the shutter while praying that you randomly get a good shot) is what people should do and that Pentax doesn't facilitate this method. I think we all agree that Pentax doesn't facilitate this ridiculous way of shooting. Your friend, ultimately, would be better served by spending less on a camera and then using the savings to take a course on sports photography.

-Aaron