I gave British Airways an interesting consumer test last week along these lineand they passed with flying colours.

I was flying with my 16 y.o. in BA First class (funded by BA miles I hasten to add. I can't afford the £7,000 a ticket price). I let my son go first when entering lounges or boarding the plane so that the BA staff were confronted by a grungy, hairy teenager with a First class boarding pass. I was expecting some strange looks or comments from staff, but BA treated him like a millionaire.

Peter

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Mann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 9:12 AM
Subject: Re: Interesting marketing

On Feb 17, 2006, at 12:52 AM, Leon Altoff wrote:

He was driving along and though he might like to buy a convertible (he does this). He stopped at a Honda dealership and asked to test drive their convertible. He was dressed very casually at the time - shorts, polo shirt, $2000 watch - and the salesman replied with "You can drive it when you've bought it".

The guy who started a company I once worked for did something similar. Only he was dressed in shorts, shirt and flip-flops. This has always been his standard attire (he gets hot feet and shoes make him uncomfortable - I've seen a photo of him wearing flip-flops with a suit at a function).

Oh and he was attempting to buy a red car of Italian manufacture. The first dealer wasn't particularly accommodating so he took his business elsewhere... I don't remember how many Italian (and German) cars he owns now.

- Dave

http://www.bluemoon.net.nz/
http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/