On 2/28/06 9:10 AM, "Sylwester Pietrzyk", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> No it wasn't directly implicated, just my feeling ;-)
> But distracting from this - don't you have Rob a strange feeling that new
> camera will accept lenses with ultrasonic motor? Would it be coincidence
> that suddenly on roadmap of Pentax lenses appear unexpected proffesional
> f2.8 zooms and about the same time Mr. Torigoe says about K-mount evolution
> and many surprises in new D body??? Nothing is sure for now, but it became
> quite clear for me, that these new f2.8 lenses could have USM AF drive
> working only with new D camera... Anyway that would be great news for us.

Actually, I was thinking the same thing, perhaps with some wishful thinking
(remember, it's a "silly season" :-).  But I did not post it for the fear of
raising the blood pressure of some PDMLers unnecessarily.  Now that you said
it....

Here's the part which is a bit suggestive.

On 2/27/06 7:14 AM, "K.Takeshita", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We are now working on the
> development of the K-mount toward higher performance/more functions by way
> of progressive replacement

So, what's "more functions"?   Hope it's not going back to PZ :-).
I am not sure if the fast DA zoom was any indication but Pentax must be
doing something quietly, revamping their whole lens lineup.  Sudden
disappearance of FA lenses and increased capacity of their main Vietnam lens
factory by 160% this fall might be some indication.
Mystery deepens.

Ken