No, it's that Pentax has, according to FIVE independent sources,
discontinued the effin' camera after only a few months on the market.  They
are, according to these sources, not building any more of these cameras.
I'd love to be wrong about this.  It would be great if the cameras started
appearing again - although by the time they do it will be of little use to
me, but perhaps for others.

Shel