On Feb 28, 2006, at 6:44 PM, Charles Robinson wrote:

I found an excellent price on an Apple-new-warranty, refurbished, latest series PowerBook G4 15". 1.67Ghz processor, 80G 5400rpm drive, 1.5G RAM, with DL CD-DVD+RW optical drive (all the wireless and other stuff) for about $1600. It's a sweet system, sitting in its box across the room from me. Waiting...

Yow. That's what work bought me about a year and a half ago. Nice box. You'll love it. *I* love it. My first Mac after way too many years of Windows(tm) machines.

:-)

Now if only I had time to set it up for use. But I have higher priority work to accomplish right now that's consuming all my time.
No no no! Wrong attitude. Life stops while you indulge yourself in your new toy^H^H^Htool and get it running properly. THEN you can get on to that other stuff.

Unfortunately, no. I have a show to hang on Sunday. *That* is highest priority. The new G5 dual processor system sitting next to the PowerBook is also on hold until I'm done.

Yes, I bought two new machines. It was time. Both came at very very good discount prices, and are solid, reliable, proven systems that I can just get work done with.

Godfrey
  Patience rewards.