Fra: John Forbes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 1. marts 2006 00:01
Til: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Emne: Re: Some more new camera speculation

Rob,

Just what is the attraction of a 35mm-sized sensor on digital?

It's much more expensive, both for the body and the lenses (note how much
cheaper the DA macro lenses, for instance, are than the FA lenses).  There
are now good wide-angle options.

All the evidence suggests, and has for some time, that Pentax will not in
the near future, and probably never, produce a 24x36mm sensor in the K
mount.  If 24x36 is what your heart is set on, buy a Canon.

And for those who say that the market has abandoned the Pentax 645, how
did they ever manage to sell the first 645?  There are still huge
quantities of 645 lenses out there, and I for one will bet that as long as
the price and performance are OK, the 645D will be snapped up.

John