Even if it was meant offlist:
Pentax has recently admitted that they are primarily an optical company.  They
are upgrading the optical production and helping Samsung to the market to get
another K-mount camera producer, which in turn will increase the market for
Pentax lenses.

I think this is a good idea, and as I'm here because of the great lenses I'm
happy with the decision. With the 21mm none of the competition can compete in
the number of primes and zooms for the DA format.

DagT