John Francis wrote:

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 09:15:54AM +0000, mike wilson wrote:

Unlike the BBC reporter who went down the men's downhill with one pole
and a video camera.  Not sure if he's a hero or an idiot.

If that's the same video we saw in the USA it wasn't a reporter;
it was one of the alternates on a ski team.  Still a crazy guy,
but at least one who is used to skiing world-class courses.

I've forgotten his first name (Tim?) but he was called Bell and had been part of the British team some years previously. Still, it's quite a feat of skill.