From: "Tom C" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Web vs. Photoshop Colors
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 16:48:28 -0700

Thanks everyone.  I got it fixed thanks to your kind assistance.

1) I still don't have a clear understanding of it though. I had gone to the <Color Settings> dialog on the Edit menu. It pops up and in the Working Space RGB field it says sRGB IEC61966-2.1. Seeing that, I thought the image *already was* in sRGB, and I was using Save for Web as usual.

2) However, when I went to <Convert to Profile> on the Edit menu, the Source Space was Adobe RGB. Setting the destination space to sRGB (converting to) and then using Save to Web corrected the problem.

So now I ask (and I'm sure this has been mentioned here before or I could look it up), what is it really telling me under <Color Settings> when it says the working space is sRGB?

I'm also amazed at how little difference it has made in other images, not doing the Convert to Profile step.

Tom C.