> The IR remote isn't reliable from behind the camera. The signal can bounce
> around the room, but it depends on what's in the room.

For Christmas last year, my wife gave me a wired and wireless remote for my DS.

(This which blew me away 'cause she has always maintained that she
would never buy me any camera 'stuff'. She loves the pictures, but has
no interest in all in the equipment. )

Her intent was for me to keep the remote that I would actually use,
and return the other. It didn't take long to convince myself (and her)
that the wireless remote is not the best tool for shooting behind the
camera. Two different tools, completely different purposes.

(I kept both).

dk