[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
This never made my mail. My apologies if it's a duplicate for others.

Another bird from Sunday's walk. Some kind of finch I would guess. This is more of a crop -- about half of the frame. So there's more visible noise. But I still like it. *istD A400/5.6, 5/6 @ 1/750. ISO 800, fill flash from the Sigma Super with the Kirk Flash Xtender. Handheld of course.
Paul
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=4194560&size=lg

Hi Paul, I think it is a winter-plumage goldfinch.

to me the noise is far less distracting than the huge blob of white on the left. I know it's already cropped, but a more vertical crop, eliminating the white would make it look better to me.

That's pretty freakin good for hand held!  :-)

--

Christian
http://photography.skofteland.net