From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 11:05 PM
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: RE: WTB: mirror lens

Hi Markus,

Oh, with a 500 and a 2x, the moon should be quite large in the
frame. So the
metering will be close. But if I just had the mirror without the extender,
normal metering will just create a white blob for the moon. Its
nice to have the
freedom to chimp, and adjust accordingly.

Quoting Markus Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi Derby
do you overexpose moonlight shots by 2 stops or did I misunderstand you
here?
I would like to try some shots of full moon soon with the Tamron SP 500
mirror lens and maybe the SP 2x extender.
greetings
Markus

But I still like M. It's useful if the metered exposure is out by
more than two
stops (happens often when taking moonlight shots, and you want to
keep lunar
detail).