Alan Chan wrote:

 > ...Pentax should release a FA* 70-210/4 ED IF instead with 67mm
> filter size (something like the Canon EF70-200/4), and mark it no more
> expensive than the FA*300/4.5 ED IF. I would be the 1st to replace my
> A70-210/4 with it.

Amen to that. I bitterly regret to this day selling my A 70-210 f4.0
when I bought the new AF gear way back when. Loved that lens, but
thought I would be better off with AF gear. So I have a 100-300 AF now
(the original, whatever it's proper name is), which I never use because
I simply do not like it. So -- if Pentax were to come out with a nice,
high quality 70-210 f 4.0, you will have to get behind me in the line,
probably a long line. :)

Bob Harris