Joseph Tainter wrote on Sun, 12 Mar 2006 09:29:55:

"I'm using the Hoya HMC-Super UV filter (standard ring depth) on my DA16-45 and have never noticed any vignetting from it over its entire zoom range. In fact, I use the same filter on my DA14 without problems either."

Jim, are you saying in the last sentence that you use a 67 mm. filter on the 77 mm. diameter DA 14 and don't get vignetting? (Presumably with a step-up ring.)
Have you tried this at F2.8?

Uh-oh, I spoke from (faulty) memory. I do use the Hoya HMC-Super UV filter (standard ring depth) on my DA16-45, but (obviously) not on the DA14 with its 77mm filter size.

I thought that the two lenses used the same filter size; I suspect I was thinking of my DA14 and DA12-24, which both *do* use the same 77mm Hoya HMC-Super UV filter in the regular length mount without vignetting.

Thanks for catching this, Joe. Sorry for the mistake, gang - I can only plead advancing age and failing memory...