Fra: Don Williams [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 10. marts 2006 08:41
Til: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Emne: Photomicrographs

Hi all,

Someone on the list approved of my posting links to microscope pictures.

Recently I've been subverting my instrument in the direction of 'arty'
stuff. I've posted a large gallery of new crystal pictures to my
website. There are no 'Back' or 'Home' buttons. To get back one needs to
close the page (or tab). I have found that because I'm working with four
different servers on three different ISPs I get into an awful lot of
trouble with links. I'm trying to sort all this out but putting in
navigation is fraught with difficulty (for me) now since after six years
or so I have no real idea of what the hell's going on. There are many
redundant files and I'm very slowly cleaning up the mess.

The new gallery can be found via the red 'Prints' button on the main
page and then by clicking the 'Prints' button on the bottom of the blurb
page -- 'mimosa' is faster than 'personal'. All the pictures were made
with the *ist D on a Lomo Research (polarising) microscope. Levels were
adjusted and in some cases unsharp masking was used to perk the image up
a little. There is no camera lens involved. The camera sits on a
trinocular head and the image arrives at the sensor via a highly
corrected transfer lens. The objectives used were 10/0.25 and 40/0.65
Leitz Fluotars. These objectives provide a completely flat field and are
semi-apochromatic. The sensor collects about 50% of the projected field.
Mirror lockup (2sec delay) is used and the camera determines the
exposure -- set to 'other than A'.

Don 8-)
--

Dr E D F Williams