Yeah, the bokeh leaves something to be desired, but I wouldn't call it nasty. I think bokeh quality is quite often the result of the placement, shape and color of background objects rather than the way the lens renders them. Although I must admit that i have had my doubts about converters and bokeh. I've had some unhappy bokeh experience when combining the A400 with the A2XS converter. Again, I was never sure that it wasn't the result of the subject rather than the rendering. In this shot, the bokeh could easily be repaired by cloning out some of the out of focus branches.