On Mar 20, 2006, at 5:59 PM, Walter Hamler wrote:
Thanks for the replies/input.
I was at Costco this AM and they have some new computers in. One is the new G4 with gobs of bells and whistles and a big 22" LCD screen. 2000.00 in
round numbers! In the Microsoft world there was an Athalon 64 with a
sufficient amount of stuff for what I need and a nice 19" CRT thin flat
screen. 700.00. Guess which one I am will probably get!
I guess if I were making money with my camera instead of being retired I
might go elsewhere. (sigh!)

Costco? Sheesh, that's no place to buy a computer, certainly not an Apple computer..

What "new" G4? The Power Mac G5 tower is the current high end desktop system, the iMac G5 was the system just recently replaced by the iMac with Intel dual core processor. The PowerBook and iBook G4 laptops are still current, but the MacBook Pro is the new laptop top of the line with Intel dual core processor. The Mac Mini with Intel dual core process was just released.

BTW:
Now that I have the Power Mac G5 system fully sorted and in use, I've packaged up the iMac G4 20" system and will be listing it for sale on Ebay very shortly. It's still a fine system but the amount of work I'm doing these days requires more processing power, memory and disk space (my typical is 300-500 full resolution RAW to Photoshop file renders per week...).

Here are the specs:

iMac G4, 20" display
- 1G RAM, 1.25Ghz G4 processor
- 160Gbyte hard disk
- Bluetooth and Airport Extreme wireless
- modem, ethernet, two FireWire, three USB 2.0, video out ports
- SuperDrive (DVD-RW, CD-RW)
- Mac OS X v10.4.5, AppleWorks and iLife '06 installed
- Apple Powered Pro speakers
- in original packaging with new original mouse, near-new original keyboard, all manuals and original install CDs

Send me an email if you would like more information about it.

Godfrey