Thanks to all who provided feedback on whether I should purchase a second
*ist D as backup to my existing *ist D, make the jump to the *ist DS/DS2 for
my second Pentax DSLR body, or wait for the upcoming 10 Mpixel next-gen. In
all the CompactFlash-vs-SD card debate, I was surprised to see little
grumbling about the features that were stripped off the *ist D in the *ist
DS transition. To whit (liberally borrowing from
www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxistds):
o Custom image sizes
o TIFF image format option
o Hyper-program
o Program lines, vs picture modes
o Altered metering range
o Two additional manual white balance presets
o wider built-in flash angle of coverage
o PC Sync flash terminal
o Two additional user memories
o Continuous autofocus option in all exposure modes
o etc....(what did I forget?)

So....nobody misses 'em?
==============================
Brian Dipert
Senior Technical Editor: Mass Storage, Multimedia (audio, displays, 2-D and
3-D graphics, and still and video imaging), PCs and Peripherals
EDN Magazine: http://www.edn.com
My blog: http://www.edn.com/briansbrain
5000 V Street
Sacramento, CA   95817