A fishing rod designed for salt water should not be harmed by the acid in
the noose grease, I think.
Noose grease, that's some kind of topic ;-)

Tim
Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)

Never underestimate the power of stupidity in large crowds
(Very freely after Arthur C. Clarke, or some other clever guy)