On 3/19/06, Markus Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I must have been the snow fall record of the century in Switzerland on the
> first Sunday of March this year.
> I was in Wetzikon in the state of Zurich preparing for a exhibition of clay
> figures and photographs and in the afternoon it started to snow heavily.
>
> A walk with the dog gave me the opportunity to shoot some "high-key" photos
> with the Pentax Spotmatic F and the lovely
> SMC Takumar 85mm 1.8 - two examples here for your pleasure ;-)

> If you would like to see some more snow pictures of Zurich and surroundings
> from the following days, let me know....

That's a lot of snow!

For me, it wouldn't necessarily be how much snow came down as much as
the fact that it fell near the March, when one is expecting spring to
sproing.

Nice pix.

BTW, AFAIK, the record for a single day (24 hour) snowfall on a city
was two years ago in Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Somewhere around 70 cm
fell.  My daughter, mother and sister lived through it.  The whole
city closed down for about a week while they cleaned up.

cheers,
frank