Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

>> From: Mark Roberts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> http://www.robertstech.com/temp/pghpano2.jpg
>
>Very nice, Mark! Wish I had the patience to do panoramas.

I'll take this opportunity to thank everyone for their feedback and
respond to various questions.

WRT the Pentax World Photoshoot, I noticed that Dario Bonazza and John
Francis have contributed general photos, but not "Pentax World Day"
shots. I saw a few other PDML names (hi, Cesar!) but without photos.

My pano didn't take much patience, Godfrey - 5 quick shots, handheld,
and automatic stitching in  Arcsoft Panorama Maker 3. Very quick and
dirty.

As I *try* to do all the time, for this shot I followed Galen Rowell's
primary rule of photography: Start with good light and then look for a
subject. I was driving home from a video production meeting and we
started to get this wonderful golden light before sunset so I got off
the expressway and looked for high ground :) The clouds not only make
the photo more interesting, they help the pano-stitching software get
a grip on the sky. (Panorama Maker 3 isn't very good at dealing with
clear blue skies.)

I'll be bring a large (as large as I can make) print to GFM in June :)