Mark,

I've been using this place for printing large prints:
www.chromedigital.com
They printed for me prints on the 24" (or 26"?)-wide roll paper
(I needed only 12x24) So, they can do your 20"x36" easily.
I printed prints that were on watercolor paper and canvas paper.
They did a very good job.
They recommended coating to protect the inks from UV, and did
that for me.
This was 2 years ago.

I did this locally - they are in San Diego.
You can upload the image to their ftp site.
I think they can ship the prints too, but I never tried.

Igor