No, it's not bullshit, Paul.  Some people, and Kevin seems to be one of
"them," prefer working with film and chemicals.  It's not only the results
that matter, but how they're obtained, and the satisfaction one gets from
the process.

I once spent a weekend sanding a table by hand.  A friend brought me an
orbital sander and suggested that the job could be done in an hour or so.
He didn't get it - the process was important, spending a few hours in the
sunshine in the backyard was important, the feel of the wood on my hands
was important - more so than getting the job done quickly and efficiently.

Digital photography may well not be artistically rewarding for Kevin.  I
sometimes feel the same way.

There's really no need to be judgemental and critical, Paul.

Shel