Hi!

There is no doubt in my mind that digital is easier to master, and easier to get good looking results from, if one is so inclined. If one wants to sit in front of a computer and play at making art, it is difficult to argue with them. They have ease of results and productivity on their side.

The rest snipped.

Bill, I think the danger lies in ease and productivity. If one goes digital all the way through, one may become over-trigger-happy, if you know what I mean.

Now, once one shoots like they hold an automatic gun, they both loose touch with photographic inspiration (what you feel at the moment when you release a shutter of 4x5 is definitely different for *istD) and exhaust their creativity.

Perhaps this is one of the aspects of what Kevin has tried to say in his original post.

It would take certain self-discipline to keep one's frame count in check.

Boris

P.S. I am not trying to attack or defend digital against what Kevin said. I am trying to put in words the concern that crossed my mind. Though recently I took a quick view on control strips from my earlier shooting (before *istD). It was abysmal.