On Mar 26, 2006, at 9:54 AM, Mark Roberts wrote:

Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

On Mar 26, 2006, at 8:52 AM, Mark Roberts wrote:

Colin J wrote:

Aaron Reynolds:

Why is one a craft and one a science?

... because that is my perception.

Are you actually saying that *your* perception of something determines
reality???

To put an even finer point on it, are you saying that *your*
perception of something determines *my* reality?  ]'-)

That's what I meant. I mean, reality is reality; we don't each get a
separate one, no matter how convenient that would be!

Ah, now there I disagree with you, at least in part. We all share to some degree in a common reality, but I believe that each conscious being has a much broader individual reality that cannot be shared in its entirety. It is the function of consciousness to create reality.

But this philosophical discussion is probably pursued better on its own terms, not as part of a "bailing out" thread.

Godfrey