Bob W wrote:

Hi,

returning from a business trip to Jersey on Wednesday my plane was
mysteriously diverted and had to approach City Airport from the West. This
meant I got a very enjoyable (but cameraless) low flight over London while
the evening light was at its best. It included flying directly over the
gardens of Buckingham Palace and Downing Street, then a wonderful eastward
flight along the river, over Tower Bridge and the Tower of London and so
forth. It was even better than a trip on an open-topped bus, albeit quicker.

Of course, this put me in mind of Yann-Arthus Bertrand, so when I arrived
home I dug out my copy of his book 'Being a Photographer', which was a
Christmas gift. It includes a DVD (which I had not noticed before), so I
have just finished watching it, and would like to recommend it to those here
assembled. It is a very interesting tour through his career, with a lot of
footage of him working. It is fascinating to see the huge logistical effort
that goes into making his snapshots. If you don't want to buy it, borrow it
from your local library.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0810956160/qid=1143318326/sr=8-1/re
f=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/202-8507496-1500625

http://tinyurl.com/hq9uz

Cheers,

Bob

Bob and all others in England/London,

I was talking to a keyboard player of a English band last night. She mentioned that they were trying to cut back on the open-topped bus tours. Is this correct? My cousin and I had fun on these unlimited rides buses - especially when we were rained on!

I really need to post images from my 'across the pond' trip, time allowing,

César
Panama City, Florida