Ken wrote:
There is indeed the joy of using your tool to "create" good photos being
taken away by the digital process, and perhaps that's what the experienced people are feeling.

Much of what I read from film enthusiasts defending their passion involves an implied or explicit criticism of the digital process (and its enthusiasts) as lacking something.

Here "experienced" people (ie film enthusiasts) experience a "joy" using their "tool" to "create" good photos. This is being taken away by the digital process.

This is absolute nonsense, as comments here from very experienced photographers demonstrate.

Photography for me is a hobby but I did have fun printing BW photos in a darkroom as a teenager, I did love taking slides with my Pentax Super-A and now I love taking photos with my *istDL.

Keith McG