Dan, the San Diego Zoo offers a "Safari experience" at an off site facility, somewhat north of the city and conventional zoo. I had a great experience there last year, They transport you on the back of a modified flat bed truck, stopping often to cater to the photogs aboard. I don't normally enjoy captive animal experiences but this was well worth it. You might need a reservation, especially on weekends.

For me a place called Corvettes, in the city, is a must experience (being a car guy).

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel J. Matyola" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: OT: Advice on Anaheim and San Diego, California

At the end of next week, I will be flying to Anaheim, CA, to join mywife, who will be at a conference there most of that week. I willhave a day or so in Anaheim, then we will drive down to San Diego tospend a few days with my wife's uncle. Can anyone give me advice on interesting places to visit and,especially interesting and unusual places for photography? Restaurantrecommendations would also be welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Dan