Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

On Mar 28, 2006, at 11:54 AM, Jostein wrote:

Finally, did you ever read On Being a Photographer?

Shel, I'm sorry I have deleted your recent reference to that book. Do you have an ISBN?

Don't know what the ISBN is, but you can order it (and its sister publications, "Single Exposures" and "Letting Go of the Camera") from http://www.lenswork.com. All three are excellent reading, very thoughtful and thought provoking.

And if I might interject here, you *should* order "On Being A Photographer" from that source. Do not try Amazon. It took them about four months to finally commit to letting us know they couldn't deliver it. Ordered it from Lenswork.com and got it well within a week. (I haven't read the other two. Nor have I attempted to get them from Amazon.)