Based on recent discussions here, I just ordered three books at Lenswork. If anyone else is interested, you may want to visit Lenswork and get in your order -- they have a special now, $30 for _On Being a Photographer_, _Single Exposures_, and _Letting Go of the Camera_. The savings over regular price more than pays for USPS Priority Mail Shipping.

And just one comment from a daily lurker but rare poster: I've really enjoyed the recent discussions (even flame wars!) about bailing out and workflow and dynamics. Bob W even made me proud to consider myself a 'snapshooter'! (I am one of those who is bored with all the stuff between the excitement of pushing the shutter button and looking at the print.) You all make me think, thanks!

I'll add one book recommendation, for those interested in art in general, in aesthetics: anything by E. H. Gombrich, one of the greatest art historians ever. (_Art and Illusion_ is a classic.)

*>UncaMikey
http://www.flickr.com/photos/uncamikey/