The only comment worth a response ...

On Mar 30, 2006, at 9:19 AM, Gautam Sarup wrote:

IMO, better the man who hasn't studied all these things
and doesn't have to doubt his eyes when he opens them
in the morning.

It's hard to figure precisely what you're trying to say, but it sounds like you have a certain reservation about learning and knowledge. That's akin to the foundation of modern primitivist movements along with the fear of scientists, science and technology, and all the other insecurities of intellectual things being fostered by those who seek to control people in the current milieu.

I have no doubts in my eyes when I open them in the morning. I am not afraid to know, to understand, to be aware. I have reservations about the inappropriate use of technology, yes, and about the casual use of power without thought or intelligence guiding it.

Anyway, so much for all that.

So much indeed.

Godfrey