On Tue, 01 Apr 2025 07:54:43 +0100, Cotty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 1/4/06, John Forbes, discombobulated, unleashed:

Yup, it's time to consider a change.  The way I see it is that it's a
thankless task, and Cotty's been doing it for years.  The man needs a
break.

On the other hand, Cotty's got the experience, and twelve months is more
than enough time to recover from the last one.

So, on balance, I nominate Cotty.

All in favour, say Aye!

Didn't anyone tell you that I retired ages ago? The last time it was not
me, one of my replicants. There's quite a few of us trundling around the
country. One is a successful pirate in the South China Seas. except he
had an accident and is a few inches shorter. Another owns a cheese shop
in Dijon. We're everywhere.

I had suspected this. Anyway, it provides a suitable solution to the problem.

What date does your replicant have in mind?

John