On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 09:55:36AM +1000, Derby Chang wrote:
> John Forbes wrote:
> >On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 00:18:44 +0100, Gautam Sarup
> ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >>It's right here for people who haven't seen it:
> >
> >Thank you. The two buildings shown are roughly a hundred years apart.
> >Have those years brought any improvements in architecture?  Have the
> >last two thousand years?  Save for the Taj Mahal, can any later
> >building compare with the Parthenon?
> >
> >John
> >

> http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings/Sydney_Opera.html

Quite possibly.   I'd also suggest some of the great gothic cathedrals
(including Notre Dame and Westminster Abbey), and some of the European
castles.  King's College Chapel (Cambridge) is pretty impressive, too.

Then there's the main Bombay (now Mumbai) railway terminal building ...
And how about Grand Central Terminal, New York?