Collin,

It varies a little bit for me. There are times that I have not taken any shots for a while (more than a week) and I find myself wanting to go out and shoot. Rare are the times that I do not take a shot, but just carrying the camera in my hand makes me pay better attention to what is around me. So I guess there is my version of Zen photography :-)

I enjoy taking the shot.  Something that captures the moment.
Part of it at times is the technique of getting the proper exposure. I am often seen using an incident meter and working in manual mode. I do note the reading of the camera I am using - if it has a meter - though.

I believe in getting it right in the camera, time and conditions permitting.

I do not do processing - part of the getting it right in the camera.

Seeing the final result is ultimately the true enjoyment. I can share the moment with others, or I can recall the moment later.

Through my viewfinder,

César
Panama City, Florida

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

There's been some interesting "dialog" about preferences.
         So I thought it might be good to put things into a more civil
         format.
         So here's the question:  What aspect of producing an image do you
         enjoy the most?
         Composition?  And what type?
         Processing (chemical or computer) ?
         Production (actually making the print) ?
         Or something else?  And what is it that you find fulfiling?

         (I'm not asking about medium at all, because that's just so much
         "stuff".
          It's the product we look forward to seeing but the process
         getting there
          has its share of fulfillment as well.)

         Personally, I enjoy the composition (posing people) and printing.
         The printing is definitely the most work to get the right
         product.
         But I find an excellent print to be worth every minute.

         Collin
         KC8TKA
         http://www.brendemuehl.net