keith_w wrote:
Bruce Dayton wrote:

Shot at Monterey Aquarium - not sure how I'd feel in open water having
one of these guys swimming so close.

Pentax *istD, DA 16-45/4 @ 16mm, Handheld
ISO 3200, 1/10 sec @ f/4.0

http://www.daytonphoto.com/PAW/bkd_2938.htm

Comments welcome

Mako shark?

At first I thought Lemon, but then remembered I don't know what a Lemon looks like!
Not really!
Good catch to not get it blurred...

Pretty sure it's a nurse shark. I've been in open water with these guys.... They are more afraid of you then you are of them. Once I was descending and as I looked down I realized I was about to land on a good six footer. I saw it, it saw me, and we both took off in opposite directions around a coral head only to bump into each other again on the opposite side!

Nice grab, Bruce.

--

Christian
http://photography.skofteland.net