Fra: Aaron Reynolds [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 3. april 2006 15:49
Til: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Emne: Re: DL TTL flash madness

On Apr 3, 2006, at 2:22 AM, Jens Bladt wrote:

Crippled or not.
If the new 10 MP Pentax body doesn't support ordenary TTL flash, I won't be
buying it.
I have too many flashes - I guess 7 or 8 TTL flahses, one of which is a Metz
60-CT2.

Why on earth would you expect that the new top-end body would have only the feature set of the very cheapest DSLR that Pentax makes?

-Aaron

Because TTL flash is a dead end on digital. There's a good reason every other manufacturer abandoned it, and I expect Pentax will follow. It's unfortunate that they were late to the game with P-TTL, but at least they aren't in the situation that Nikon was with D-TTL, which quickly got abandoned, leaving all of the Nikon shooters with an option of buying either the top-end Nikon bodies (D2x, D2Hs) or new flashes, as the low and midrange bodies all abandoned it in favour of iTTL.

Note the only DSLR on the market today which supports plain TTL is the DS2.

-Adam