Quoting Godfrey DiGiorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Do all the Software Updates. Things do get fixed in them... I login to my Admin account once a week and apply any Software Updates available. Haven't been any for a couple of weeks now.

My last one that i uploaded was about 10 days ago.I must have Auto check on as it has opened a window the last two times and asked me what i wanted to update.I have done several on the OS and itunes etc.

Are you using automatic synching of your .Mac account iDisk or synching calendars/address book, etc to .Mac? I've seen this behavior most often when using the automatic iDisk synching feature. The synching feature works well most of the time, but if the connection is slow for some reason it can get confused.

I'm using the auto sync. Maybe thats upsetting it.

The other possibility is that you're using a jump drive or card reader that has poorly implemented the mass storage device class firmware: it might not be closing the volume correctly. The USB driver might not be loading properly, etc. When using such devices, be sure that you first eject (dismount) the volume before pulling the drive from the USB port, and be sure that any activity light on the drive has stopped flashing before you pull it too. I know that on my Belkin card reader, the activity light flashes when I've dismounted a storage card volume for about 2-3 seconds. After that it's safe to pull the card from the reader.

I'm clicking the eject arrow next to the devise name when i'm done with it. Its usually listed as No Name with the arrow. I usually wait until the jump drive light stops, but i cannot say that on all ocassions.:-)

I thought it might be the jump, but maybe the sync is the culprit.

Thanks for the info.

Any reason i cannot access Mac help. I just get a blank box and the spinning wheel.??I can access help in PS etc.I'm using an always on dsl connection and Airport Express.

Dave

Godfrey