I can only agree 100% with Shel.

Godfrey

On Apr 3, 2006, at 6:06 PM, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

Aaron,

All the experts on the forum can't agree on what's right or legal. There are different laws in different countries. Plus, you have an agreement with MLB and the MLBPA. If I were you, I'd get things clarified with the bodies with which you have agreements, maybe to the extent of redrawing some aspects of the agreement. I wouldn't bet 25-cents on any position
posted here as being correct for your situation.  You already have
agreements in place that, it seems, need to be clarified. This forum is
not the place to get legal advice.

Shel

[Original Message]
From: Aaron Reynolds

Godfrey, this is very interesting to me -- I have a lot of requests to
purchase individual prints of baseball photographs I have taken, but my agreement with MLB upon accepting the press pass is that I may only sell photographs for editorial use. While I don't believe that the wording of the agreement explicitly says that I can't sell prints, this is what I've been told by team representatives. Are they misinterpreting the law? And
if so, what is "editorial" about a framed print on a wall?

(This is not to say that the photographs cannot be purchased and used in
advertisements or for posters, but a separate license fee has to be
arranged with both Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball
Players Association.)

I'm interested because I have a show of my baseball images coming up in
May, and to be able to sell some would certainly be helpful to the year-end bottom line,though at the same time I have to be cautious not to alienate
the team or the league.