On 2006-04-01 07:10, Mark Roberts wrote:
> John Forbes wrote:
>
>>I go with the DX suggestion.  Logical, sensible, sounds good.  So will
>>Pentax use it?......
>
> Nikon has registered "DX" as a trademark for their APS-C-sized series
> of lenses and digital cameras. In fact, they generally refer to
> reduced-frame digital as "DX format" rather than APS-C.

what's the name of the DX encoding on film cartridges? It meant 'Data
EXchange'.

Introduced 1983 by Kodak, extended 1996 for APS as DX-iX

I feel that 'DX' would have a double bonus, first as the professional
series LX etc., second naming the Roman 'X' as ten for the  10 MP sensor
(as in MacOSX).

A DX trademark for Nikon cameras will be a killer. DiX sounds like Digital
Imaging / Dimage.  Maybe they stick to *ist -> *istDX