I don't have any noticeable hot or dead pixels on either of my D bodies. I think I ran some tests on the first one a couple of years ago and saw nothing. I would discourage anyone from trying to swap sensors. Not a home repair job.
Paul
On Apr 5, 2006, at 3:47 AM, mike wilson wrote:

From: "Aaron Reynolds" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2006/04/05 Wed AM 01:55:00 GMT
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Why dustproblems ? (WasRE: *ist D vs DS2, some questions)

It's okay, Lon, my own camera doesn't display this problem.

You have _no_ hot/dead pixels?  Anyone else?

I meant how do you cure the camera, not how to get rid of them in post -- I'm doing stuff where speed of turnaround requires very little or no post work.

-Aaron

There's no cure for it, except in postprocessing. Although, if you really have a "clean" sensor, you could swap that between bodies.