On 5 Apr 2006 at 12:01, Jack Davis wrote:

> I just learned of this site yesterday, (http://earth.google.com/).
> Pulled up a "freebie" and played with it for a bit.
> It's an satilite collage of overlapping stills (on a clear day or cloud
> penetrating IR conversion) that allows your earth view of choice.
> A friend told me about using this site to locate a remote lake he wants
> to fish.
> If allowed to zoom in on its own, the image becomes very fuzzy. You'll
> find it helps to back off a little. Still, I was able to locate my
> house by identifying a very small corner park 'prox a half block from
> it.
> This is just FYI. It's something to do during out continuing
> record-breaking rainy season.

Jack where have you been hiding? :-)

I posted a the following PESO last year, it's a Quicktime VR MOV file, if you
have a relatively recent Apple Quicktime version loaded you should be able to
interact with it. Try it on the system on which you have Google Earth loaded
and go looking for the "hot-spot"

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~distudio/temp/pano084.mov (~880kB)

Tech: *ist D, ISO200, 1/800s A16/2.8 @ f8 (8 landscape shots)

Thumbnail images stitched using Hugin/Enblend and converted to QTVR using
Pano2QTVR.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998